Friday, April 20, 2012

Oh ya, ya betchya!

Target Field, Minneapolis, MN
Home of the Minnesota Twins!

So we actually have tickets for one of the games we are going to!  Not imaginary tickets or "I got it covered" tickets but real life actual paper tickets - and it just so happens to be for the game on my Birthday.  Did I mention the big birthday I'm having this year?  So Bridie went ahead and purchased these tickets a few days ago and apparently it was a huge pain in the ass!  I mean HUGE.  It took her multiple phone calls to multiple sales outlets just to track down the tickets.  And then figuring out how to get them to us was an even bigger problem.

As you all know, we live in Big Sky, MT; one of the most beautiful places on earth. No, really, it is.  It also happens to be a fairly remote place.  Living on the top of a mountain sounds really glamorous, I know.  But it does have its drawbacks.  Like getting things shipped to you.  We have a post office but no direct-to-your-door mail delivery.  Everything goes to the post office.  FedEx will deliver to your door and I think maaaaybe UPS does too.  But, and this is a big but, you have to actually have a street address.  I lived here for a good year and half before I knew that A.) I had a street address and B.) what that address actually was.  Then, about a year ago, the town or county or the google map guys or someone had the bright idea to change all the street names and or house numbers.  No big deal, right?  Wrong.  Apparently Fed Ex and UPS are not privy to our address changes so in their "system" our houses don't exist.  And if our house doesn't exist then they can't bring you baseball tickets.  Eventually Birdie gave them the address for the Mail & More shipping place in town and had the tickets sent there. 

Mama B & Ahab

So anyway, the tickets arrived this morning and we are good to go for the Cubs at the Twins on Friday, June 8th.  And we will have the pleasure of the company of my friends who we will call Ahab and Mama B.  Ahab was the best friend of Manfriend Driver (RIP Driver - I miss you!) and Mama B is Ahab's lovely wife.  He is a total hoot and she is arguably one of the sweetest people I have ever met.  I'm always so jealous of calm people.  I try to be calm.  I swear, I do!  I'm just not good at it.  Calm seems like such a good idea and it looks so relaxing on other people.  I just really, really don't seem to be able to get the hang of it.  So they will be joining us and I'm so excited about it there is just no way I could be calm!

5 comments: