Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We have a plan - I swear!


Sippi & Birdie
So Birdie and I are going on a little baseball road trip in about a month.  We thought we would try a blog.  May have been a really, really bad idea as I have never blogged and am not really sure what I am doing.  Right now I am trying to figure out how we can both write on the blog.  Apparently it is possible by "Adding Author, in WordPress" but since I have no clue what WordPress is, it has been a bit of a struggle.  If we ever get this figured out, here is our intent...

Birdie and I love baseball.  Well, ok, I like baseball alot; Bridie LOVES baseball.  But not just any ol' baseball, Birdie LOVES the Chicago Cubs; and in a pinch the Detroit Tigers.  Although, she is mad at Detroit right now.  No, not the Tiger's baseball team but at the actual City of Detroit.  That's a whole other story...Anyhoo, I digress...so Birdie LOVES the Cubs.  She's from South Haven, MI and apparently you can be a Cubs fan based on proximity to Chicago.  Did I mention her dog's name is Wrigley???

I'm a Twins fan myself, being the good St. Paul girl that I am.  Twins baseball is good - some seasons really good.  We have won two, yes two, World Series in my life time - take that Birdie! - and usually have a pretty good line-up.  But as much as I may, and people from Minnesota in general may love the Twins, they can be a little disappointing.  Watching them choke at the end of multiple amazing seasons is really annoying.  Watching players that they brought up go to other teams because we won't fork over the dough to keep them makes me insane, yes, insane.

Our current plan of action...
Leave Big Sky, MT and drive to St. Louis.  There we will meet up with our friend who we will call Cookie and see the Cubs at the Cardinals.  After St. Louis we head to the Mother Ship - Chicago that is.  We will meet up with my friend Big T and go to a couple Phillies at Cubs games.  We have another friend Dougie who keeps threatening to take us to a White Sox game but that is still undecided.  Then we head to South Haven, MI to visit Birdie's family.  I leave Birdie there so I can go back to work for about two weeks and then head back to South Haven (yes I am flying - cheap ticket less than $200).  From MI we then head to WI where we are still waiting to hear from another of my friends - we call him Shark - to find out if he can get us tickets to the Cubs at Brewers game.  Then from there we continue on to the Twin Cities (ahhhhhhhh) to see the Cubs at the Twins.  Did I mention that game is on my birthday???  Hmmmm?  Did I?  Well it is.  And it's a pretty big birthday so I'm looking forward to it!  Then we leave there and travel back where it all began, Big Sky, MT.  And back to the real world and jobs and stuff.  Sounds good, no?

5 comments:

  1. Blogs are super fun, Sara - you'll get the hang of it! Sounds like a fun road trip, can't wait to see you for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea what WordPress is or how I get it to let me have two authors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you in Chitown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoot Whoot!!!!!! I can't wait for this glorious month of baseball!!!!!

    ReplyDelete